we'll color your world.
Exterior Home Painting & Staining
During spring, summer, and fall, we focus on exterior painting. We have the equipment and know-how to handle the most challenging exterior job.
- Remove mildew or mold, if present, with a water and bleach mixture
- Pressure wash exterior to remove oxidation on siding from the sun and prepare surface for coating
- Remove any failing caulk and replace with new. If house has never been caulked, we apply caulk in all recommended exterior seams
- Mask windows and all other objects that will not be coated
- Spray and back-brush the exterior siding of house
- Cut in trim with brush
- Remove all masking and tidy up customer property. We take great pride in leaving our client's property just the way we found it.
Interior Home Painting
Whether it's your kitchen, your living room, your bathroom, or your entire house, we'll help bring color into your home. We can handle anything, from re-paints to new construction.
- Caulk all trim and fill nail holes with painter's putty
- Repair any drywall that may be damaged
- Prime ceilings, walls and trim
- Pole sand all walls
- Spray trim with a HVLP sprayer to achieve a factory finish
- Spray doors with a HVLP sprayer to achieve a factory finish
- Cut and roll walls
- Tidy up customer property
When Is It Time to Paint?
Fading or peeling paint, chalky siding, and mildew can all lead to a less than desirable curb appeal for your home. If you are experiencing any of these issues, it's time to call us.
Over time and with exposure to the elements, all paint fades. Sides of houses that are exposed to sunlight, wind, and rain will fade faster than the sides of houses that are in the shade.
To address this problem, Dan Brady Painting and Wood Restoration uses only the highest quality paints and stains. Although all brands will fade over time when exposed to direct sunlight, the less expensive paints and stains fade much faster than the high quality products we use.
Peeling & Cracking Paint
All woods expand and contract, often causing brittle paint to crack and peel. To tackle this, we remove any brittle or cracked paint prior to painting your house. Then we apply an 100% acrylic latex coating that is able to expand and contract with changing temperatures so the coating won’t crack or peel.
As paint breaks down, the pigment “chalks,” or separates, from the paint's binder. Excessive chalking can lead to colors fading, paint erosion, and stains. Cheap paint, poor surface preparation, and exposure to harsh elements are often the culprits.
To address this, we'll clean and pressure wash your home prior to applying the coating. Pressure washing removes the chalky residue and gives the coating a stable surface to adhere to.
Causes of mildew vary. Neighboring homes with mildew problems can act as a breeding ground, spreading the fungus to your house. Shrubbery too close to your home can also provide an attractive place for mildew to grow on your siding. Leaks around your roof, chimney, windows, and doors can trap water behind your siding, and when the moisture tries to escape, mildew forms.
We'll kill any mildew on your house with a bleach and water mixture before we apply any coating.